storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

22 June 2011

An old wives' tale...

So, as you may have noticed, I know a bunch of people who are having babies :) The other week, I was at a shower for one of them (see her card here), and, as it turns out, one of our friends who was there is ALSO having a baby (no card for her just yet, but it's on my list). Having two expectant mommas at one shower is maybe not too surprising...except that they have the same name. So:

(click to enlarge if you like)
Here we have Jenn (on the left), and Jen (on the right). Left-side Jenn does not yet know what she's having, so she's trying out an old wives' tale on right-side Jen, who is having a boy. You can read about what they're doing here, though their variation uses the wrist instead of the belly. How accurate are the results? I'll be sure to let you know ;)

I used my Counterfeit Kit to make this layout (along with my Scrappy Chic design team kit -- yay!). Here are a couple of fun details:


Punctuated a die-cut border with a whole row of Basic Grey brads. I haven't ever used this many brads at once before!

(other supplies: Sassafras and My Mind's Eye papers, American Crafts velvet trim, Jillibean twine, AC Thickers, Papertrey dies and buttons)

More border punctuation, this time in the form of buttons and Basic Grey Details. The star on the left started as a plain Bazzill chip, which I painted with  an off-white dabber and pink crackle paint. By the way, I really love that grey dot paper from Sassafras -- it's just about the perfect shade of grey for...well, anything, really! Grey has been a go-to color for me for awhile now, in crafting and in clothing. Any go-to colors for you?

Have a delightful day!

16 comments:

G Peplow said...

WOW what a brilliant long and picture heavy post it's grand I could be here all evening, LOL Hi Angela, looks like you've been really busy and with all these expectant mums around someone's got to scrap it all, Hee hee!! Beautiful Lo's lovely colours and loads of yummy embellies, fabulous , hugs Gay xxx

Tricia said...

I love your layout! The colors are serene and the topic is so much fun. Great borders with the brads and buttons. I have some crackle paint and you have inspired me to dig it out and use it again!

Anonymous said...

I love your layout - great borders and i love the grey too!

Susanne said...

Excellent embellishing of those borders - I like them dressed up!

Lindsey said...

What a fun layout! That IS a lot of brads, but I really like the finished border they make. Awesome!

Alice said...

beautiful layout! love all the details!

Laurie Marmon said...

Really like the embellishments that you've used on this layout. Really captures the fun of the pictures.

Margie said...

I love the border with the brads-great touch! I may have to scraplift!

kasia c. said...

Fabulous layout! I LOVE that circle border with all of its lovely embellishments! I also love that patterned paper you have tucked in behind the photos.

Grey is the best neutral ever! It looks great with almost every single colour. I live in either grey or black with a pop of colour, be it a scarf, or hat, or top.
Hope you are well! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Ang, I love all the grey with pops of pink and teal! I so want that circle border die now that I've seen you use it. ;)

Sue Althouse said...

The grey is a great go-to color, so much softer than black, yet the colors still pop off the page. Love your brads and embellishing details.

Kim Strother said...

I love everything about your layout! The gray paper, the borders, the brads, they just all work perfect together!

Liz Michaud said...

Love your layout! I think I need some of that grey paper now too. Love how you used your brads - it feels good to use up some stash like that!
On a side note- most of my friends don't find out what they are having...and that would totally drive me nuts. It still drives me nuts not knowing what *they* are having and its not even my baby! Crazy girls ;)

A Creative Operation said...

Wow, this is beautiful!

Meg said...

Great layout, Ang! I love your border embellies-I need to break out some of those neglected brads, too.

I got addicted to gray clothes this winter, but I haven't gotten completely addicted to gray crafting yet--maybe if I had some of this gray polka-dotted paper I would be! :)

Lisa said...

super job with all those brads - I'm always on the lookout for good ideas as I have thousands of them! I can see why the CKC site highlighted you - this is such a good layout! :-)