storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

30 June 2011

A first for me...

Hi there, y'all! How's your summer going? 
I must admit, mine got a little bit brighter when I saw this:


Not necessarily because I needed to be reminded of the truth of that sentiment, but because of where I saw it: the July/August issue of PaperCrafts:


And not necessarily because it's on an awesome card (though I do think it's a pretty good one), but because I MADE IT. AND IT'S IN A MAGAZINE! Back in January, one of my New Year's resolutions was to get one of my cards published. So I submitted to the then-current call for PaperCrafts -- the July/August call. Well...they picked up three of my projects!! THREE! Whoa. Might be the first time ever I could check off a resolution before the end of January :) You can see more information on the current issue here.

As much as I like to play with techniques and such when I stamp, I'm pretty sure that clean, graphic, simple design is what I'll always come back to. Hence, this card:

Sentiment: Unity; Paper: Basic Grey; Cardstock: Papertrey Ink

Really, really simple stuff -- a fun edge paired with the simplest stamping of all. A marker swipe to highlight, and I called it a day. You can see this project, as well as my other two (!), in this month's issue, which has lots and lots of other fun stuff in it, too -- not just my fun stuff ;)

Also, submitting cards has become a bit addictive...you'll be seeing more from me in upcoming months, so stay tuned! 

8 comments:

Meg said...

AWESOME JOB, ANG!!!!

It is always so exciting to see someone's name that I know in print. in a real magazine. THREE TIMES!!!!!

You totally rock all the different card styles, but you definitely nailed CAS on this one. I"m so glad people outside of blogland will get to appreciate your talent now!

G Peplow said...

You STAR, congratulations I'm not surprised it's a brilliant card and you have 3 in there, WOW, great news! :0) Hugs Gay xxx

Lindsey said...

LOVE this card, Ang! The sweet sentiment with the little highlight, and the totally fun border... perfection. And congrats on being published!

Emily Leiphart said...

Hooray, Ang! You know how thrilled I am for you. I love all three of your projects in that issue and I can't wait to see what else of yours they picked up for the future. Maybe we'll even get to be side-by-side at some point! ;) Congrats again!

Sue Althouse said...

Congratulations, that is way cool! And it gives me an excuse to buy another magazine, thank you!

kasia c. said...

HUGE congrats to you! Well deserved, that card is fabulous. Can't wait to get my mag in the mail to check out all of your wonderful stuff. :)

Liz Michaud said...

Wow! Congrats on being published!! Such a great graphic card and the sentiment is awesome too!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That was you? I think this was my favorite card in the issue. Huge congrats!!