storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

25 June 2012

kit leftovers, one more layout, and giu winner!

 Happy Monday, everyone! Since I spent all last week using one self-made Counterfeit Kit to make all my Growing in Unity projects, I thought I'd show you what's left. Whenever I make myself kits (Counterfeit or otherwise), I try to start with a color scheme in mind. This time, it started with the crazy bird paper from Basic Grey in the middle of the photo below. While that gave me a range of colors, I stuck primarily with turquoise and yellow, with a few neutrals and such. I only added two sheets of cardstock, but grabbed a few more for backgrounds and cards as needed.


I used cardstock from Bazzill and SU, solid-color paper from Basic Grey Urban Prairie (white, turquoise, yellow), geometric prints from Echo Park Style Essentials (probably the only line still being sold at full price), and patterned paper from Studio Calico Homefront, Basic Grey Lime Rickey, and Melody Ross for GCD.

I didn't follow the original kit list for embellishments precisely, but I did try to limit myself and use fairly old products. Besides what you see below, I also added a few other bits here and there -- ribbon, brads, mist, glitter, etc. Of course, I used a lot of stamps, but you can see more about those in last week's posts.


I used Fabrips, die-cut tags, rub-ons and letter stickers from Studio Calico, stickers, rub-ons, and Thickers from American Crafts, and letter stickers from LilyBee (the newest of all the embellishments).

While I had all my leftovers just sitting there, I felt inspired -- so I grabbed all the small scraps and a couple of the larger ones and threw together a quick layout -- I only trimmed papers if they were longer than my 8.5x11 page, otherwise they just got layered rather willy-nilly along with a few more embellishments. Here's the result:


I've been doing "twelve {photos} on 12{th of the month}" layouts all year -- this is June's. A rather eventful food day, really -- I made both homemade sauerkraut and strawberry jam...picked lavender for drying...and shucked peas to make risotto while I was at it.  How Little House on the Prairie of me (well, maybe not the risotto part, but definitely the pea shucking!). Yum.


A closer shot of the photos (all from instagram -- you can also see my feed over in the sidebar now, by the way) and the journalling if you're inclined to take a gander. Added bonus: my leftover pile is even smaller now! I just might kill the whole thing instead of re-filing it.

Ok, I know some of you are probably here for the big winner. How very patient of you! (Unless you just scrolled to the bottom...but you don't have to tell me that!). Well, without further ado, here's what random.org gave me:


Commenter #37 is Miriam Prantner! Congrats, Miriam -- I'll send your info along to the lovely folks at Unity.

I'll do my best to make my way around all your blogs this week, and I hope you'll return to see what I have for you later this week -- some of my June projects for Scrappy Chic. Until then, enjoy!

6 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Super cool layout, Angela! And congrats to Miriam!

Liz Michaud said...

Love the color combo on this one! Super cute. I acutally went to the store on Saturday and picked up a few things with my Mega Meet earnings! I chatted with Cindy - we need to plan a crop day and this time I will make it :)

Sue Althouse said...

Love the colors in your kit! Before I make my next trip to Scrappy Chic, I need to make a kit and really bust through some of my stash. Great 12 photos page, I am loving this project.

Lindsey said...

I like this idea of 12 on 12 -- and this layout is so much fun. So glad both cats made the final cut. ;) I didn't make pea risotto on the 12th, but I did 8 days later! Major yum.

Jocelyn Olson said...

The kits look very cool (and big--that's a lot of loot!). I really like the 12 photos...it shows so much more of a story. Very Little House of you, and I think Ma would have made risotto if she could.

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, I love how you used your scraps, Ang! I would love to have the inclination and time to make 12-on-12s like you. It would be a quick way to Project Life. ;) Hooray for Miriam!