storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

18 April 2010

Scrapping Maniac


Yep. More. Lots more. And I've gotten sleep, and done laundry, and all that other stuff. I'm just scrapping really fast these days!
I must say, I'm kind of proud of how different these are from one another. I don't know if I have my own "style" as a scrapper, but I think I'm ok with that. So, without further ado:
This one is my favorite of the bunch, and it doesn't even use my DT stash -- I was at Scrappy Chic on Wednesday, and the new October Afternoon lines had just come in. They are super-cute! I showed remarkable restraint: only picked up the paper pad, a few sheets of stickers, and a stamp set -- all from Thrift Shop. Actually, that's kind of a lot. But I did have a coupon! Anyway, this layout features mostly October Afternoon, with some alphas from Making Memories and some cute little rick rack. I love this picture, too -- me and my parents in our old living room!

I was a little stumped on this paper from Graphic 45 -- I had no good reason to cut it up and use the elements separately, and the colors are really saturated and overpowering on their own. So I layered a sheet of vellum over the paper: problem solved! More pictures of little me (got a big stack of scanned childhood photos in the mail yesterday) -- here, on the big old boat we had from the time I was about 4 until about 5 years ago. 
Finally broke down and tried a Prima swirl on this one, too, along with some old Cosmo rub-ons (Jack's World) -- they were in a bin of older stuff I hadn't used. I put an "expiration date" on the bin, and everything I don't use by then goes in the "garage sale" pile. I might put these in the garage sale, anyway -- they don't exactly rub-on too easily -- frustrating!

I hope a layout about beer is appropriate for Mega Meet :) Maybe the flowery Material Girl paper is a bit of a stretch for this particular topic, but I like the colors! Andrew took the photo of me -- I love his eye for quirky shots. I stitched on some rick rack and ribbon, then stuck in a couple pins from Little Yellow Bicycle. There's a line of stitching at the top, but I had to call it quits b/c my machine is doing wonky things whenever I zig-zag these days. Gotta work on that.

I like the simple, graphic style of this one -- and the cute pic of our godson from last summer. I love it when red and green manage to not look Christmas-y :) This one's mostly Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety (from the mini-deck), with paper whimsies (fancy talk for circles and flowers) from Sassafrass.

Whew! Plus, my mini-album is nearly done (need some rings and maybe a bit more flair). Also have a few cards, but I think I'll just post those in my Splitcoast Gallery. Enough for one day, for pete's sake!

Thanks for checking it out!

1 comment:

Liz Michaud said...

Hey great job! I knocked another one out tonight using the garden variety line... I really like it! Trying to get my Mega Meet stuff out of the way before I do the store stuff. Do you know if Chris would want cards for the booth as well?? I made some cards with the scraps of Graphic 45.