storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

26 April 2010

Back in the Saddle

Hey - I'm back. It's the end of my semester, so forgive the sporadic posts. Once all the grades are done and in, I'll be a bit more on the ball. So, without further ado, here's a few goodies:
What's that, you say? Wacky Tim Holtz paper? Sure, I can figure that one out. And I'm pleased with the results! I also got to break out my awesome Tim Holtz Sizzix die -- that ticket strip there (which is perforated, by the way -- just like the real thing!). Used a couple of his stamp sets, too, along with that rockin' film strip ribbon. Lots of Tim Holtz goodness here!
Now, let me tell you about those flowers. I made 'em all! The little ones are die-cut vintage sewing pattern paper, held together with a brad and all scrunched up, pretty-like. 
That tulle flower was inspired by Mary at Scrappy Chic, who said Tim Holtz was going nuts with tulle when she saw him demo-ing his new stuff. So I picked up a roll of brown-ish tulle from the wedding department (the official color is "champagne" -- hmm, that's some dirty-looking champagne!), die-cut a bunch using a scalloped circle nestie, then folded each layer up and stuck 'em in a circle. Make sense? No? Well, too bad I didn't take pictures! Maybe next time.
Also in it: AC Dear Lizzy Thickers

Next:

And now for something completely different! I figured I'd let this lovely Little Yellow Bicycle Clothesline paper speak for itself and didn't even add a title! The papers and stickers are from the same line, and I added a few snippets of ribbon and a brad. I promise this page doesn't look quite so busy in person! Sure is springy, though -- those photos are of flowers that bloomed super-early this year, thanks to a lovely warm spring.
Also in it: MME Lush brad

One more for tonight:
How could I get a pile of Graphic 45's On the Boardwalk line and NOT use these awesome photos of my grandma from back in the day? Besides the G45, I added some of Pink Paislee's awesome artisan tape, some ribbon and rick rack, Studio Calico stamps for the title (love that font!), and a couple more handmade flowers. Look at me, makin' flowers and stuff. The reddish one is made just by pleating and turning, pleating and turning...and hoping those glue dots will hold!. The turquoise flower is another small burst of genius. It's one of those rolled-ribbon flowers I'm seeing everywhere, but I made it with American Crafts ribbon. You know, that skinny stuff that's super-cute but...skinny. Mine tends to pile up in a shoebox. Turns out, it's great for this technique! Plus, the resulting flowers stay relatively flat. Sweet.
Also in it: giant bling sticker thingie from Jolee's -- the new line is surprisingly fun! Also used a paint dabber.

The first two layouts will go up at the store; the third at Mega Meet. Looks like I'll be hanging out in the Scrappy Chic booth on Thursday -- fun!

Soon, I'll post photos of my mini-book, and you'll see a lot of mini-me along the way.

Took Chris's first jewelry class tonight - made 8 (!) pairs of earrings in, like, 2 hours. Super-fun! Maybe I'll post photos of those, too.


Enjoy, folks!

2 comments:

Liz Michaud said...

Hey Angela! Love the new layouts :) Such a good idea to make a LO about being on the DT. So awsome that you get to hang out in the booth at Mega Meet too!
I am going to figure out my plans for the weekend and let you know about the crop this sunday! I think I can make it but I might be a bit late.

Gohn said...

your layouts r so cute!