storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

01 May 2010

National (mini-) Scrapbooking Day!


It's true, the day is almost over...but it IS still National Scrapbooking Day, so I thought I'd share a mini-book I made recently. Here's the cover:
Yup, Me until 3. I thought I'd be a little self-indulgent with this one and include a handful of my favorite pictures of...me. Well, tiny me. Mini-me. Hey, mini-me in a mini-book -- cool! Just thought of that one!

Anyway, I used a mini-album from Kaisercraft -- their mini-albums and other goodies are made of MDF, so they are way sturdy -- and kinda hefty, too! I also used some Graphic45 papers from their On the Boardwalk collection. I painted the edges of each page, alternating between reddish and turquoise-ish acrylics. The paints actually have a bit of a metallic sheen, which is nice. Also, painting the scallops meant I didn't have to get all the edges cut precisely (lazy me!)

Now, before we move on, I warn you -- the photography of the pages isn't as superb as I'd like. I only have two hands, after all!
First spread:


Baby me with Dad (top) and Mom (bottom). Yes, I know I look just like my mom - well, not as a baby, of course! I layered up various patterns, and stuck to little flowers as accents. There's a little journaling on each page, too, but you probably can't see it too much -- if you're super-curious, clicking on the images might make them big enough to read. The flowers are also Kaiser, and the little fancy centers are prima. I used some plain old Tulip fabric paint for some of the centers, too -- I think it works just like Perfect Pearls, only it's about half the price! Frugal me.

Next up:

Slightly bigger me - with Mom in the park by my aunt's old condo (the lighting is just lovely in that one), and on the patio at my grandparents' house -- my Tshirt in that bottom photo reads "Future Fox." Ah, the 70s. I tried to keep it pretty simple, layout-wise. The photos are too fun to distract from! Plus, if I change my mind, there's still plenty of lovely white space to embellish or journal in someday.

And finally:


Pigtails and apple picking. The top photo is a preschool field trip to the petting farm, and the bottom is me and Papa picking apples. All of the photos came from a couple of old-school photo albums my grandma kept -- she gave them to me a while ago, and I scanned in a bunch of photos -- as an added bonus, I have a safe backup to those wretched old magnetic albums.

Oh, one last thing - I'll be re-doing the rings someday soon. These honking ones were the only ones around when I wanted to put it all together :)

If you're lucky, you'll be able to take a gander at this album in person at Mega Meet next week -- look for it (and me on Thursday!) in the Scrappy Chic booth -- enjoy!


Other stuff in it: Bazzill swiss dot cs, AC Thickers, Cosmo Cricket tiny type, some ribbony stuff.

Thanks for checking it out.

1 comment:

peata said...

great little mini.
dig the vintage pics. priceless.
scrapbook-crazy.com