storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

18 July 2010

2 more!

Hi again -

Yesterday was all about the boy layouts; today is girl-tastic. Here we go:


First, let me clear up one thing: that photo is not black and white to look particularly artsy (though I do love B&W photography), it's black and white because I looked TERRIBLE in the color version! This was taken in a dark bar at the end of a humid night. Shine-tastic. Thank goodness for basic iPhoto/Picasa effects!

Anyway, the photo is from a fun little gathering I had a month or two ago with 3 of my pals from grad school, two of whom now live way over in DC. Fun times! When I walked in and saw the others at a table, it was seriously like someone had hit a rewind button -- we just picked up right where we left off!

But enough about me! Most of the layout is My Mind's Eye's So Sophie collection, which is quite girly and textured and fun. The big border sticker and the large alphas are Girls' Paperie, and the smaller alphas are from an older Basic Grey set. I did a little stitching on the border as well as some "underlining" on the title. It's perhaps a little too subtle in the photo, though.

Numero dos:

I love this layout! Same paper line, with October Afternoon and Basic Grey alphas, a little banner border from American Crafts/Dear Lizzy, and a homemade pattern tissue flower.

A bit of explanation - every May in the Detroit area, Mega Meet comes to town! Huge scrap show with lots of vendors, classes, crop time, and PEOPLE everywhere. Scrappy Chic had a booth, and I had a blast working there one of the days. That's me on the left, Liz on the right, and Chris, owner extraordinaire, in the middle.  If you'd like to know more, you could check out this post from May.

Next up, I'll be getting back to some cards. But for now, I think it's time for some homemade peach-blueberry sorbet. Or maybe some cherry-blueberry crisp. Or a muffin. I went kind of cooking nuts today! Anyone else inspired by all the yummy summer fruits and veggies?

2 comments:

Meg said...

Ah, yes, the magical power of black and white! Love the fun school-ish paper you chose for the layout. And the second layout! My oh my, it is MEGA fun! More fun papers and I love your pattern tissue flower!

Sounds like you're cooking up something good...feel free to send me any leftovers!

Sue Althouse said...

Love the Mega Meet layout! I dropped some serious coin at the Scrappy Chic booth this year. Seems so long until next May...