storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

19 July 2010

Card time

Yo yo -
This posting every day thing is not going to last, I know. I just had so much to catch up on! Anyway, this is the last post about the stuff I made at the Scrappy Chic crop last weekend.  Here we go:

Card 1:

I picked up the Basic Grey Oliver 6x6 deck and broke it out for a couple cards. On this one, I also used a glittery border from Melody Ross I had left over from a kit a couple months ago, with some Studio Calico letters, an American Crafts brad, and a Basic Grey stamp. Easy! And the good news? My zig-zag stitch seems to be working again. I didn't even adjust the tension or anything, it just worked. Cool.

Two:

More Oliver on this one, mainly scraps from one of the layouts. I didn't cut anything first, just plopped the pieces down on the card and then trimmed around the outside. I'm lazy like that. Another Melody Ross border, plus October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket stickers.  I used even more of these scraps on one of the Dare to Get Dirty challenge cards, but that's another story.

Three:

Girl time! Olivia here instead of Oliver. Love the little bird on that die-cut! Girls' Paperie and Cosmo Cricket stickers, a Papertrey button and some American Crafts ribbon.

So ever since I whipped up my own little foamcore photo "studio," getting good pictures has gotten so much easier! This time around, I tried out the buttons-as-props thing. What do you think? Is it a trend that's jumped the shark?

Last night I made 3 more cards to fulfill 9 Dare to get Dirty challenges on SCS. Whew! I'll post those next. My SCS gallery is sorely in need of updating.  Ok, then, off to finish my coffee. Have a lovely day.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I personally like the little pizazz the buttons add, but I could be behind the times. Like all three of your cards but that last one--wow!--love it! Such a fun color combo and all sorts of sweet details to catch your eye!

Can't wait to see your DTGD creations!

Liz Michaud said...

I like the buttons idea!!! Your cards are super cute too :)
Going to be at Scrappy Chic tomorrow around 4 to drop off my layouts. When are you and Chris leaving for CHA?

Heather T said...

Mmmm, really yummy colours in both your cards but I especially like the combination in the top card.