storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

05 July 2010

OLW and a new kit!

Hello, people.
It's ridiculously hot here! It was already 85 when I left the house this morning. At 9:30. Sheesh. Now it's over 90, where it will stay for the next several days. What is that in Celsius, O Canadians - 30-something? I'm a heat wimp. Give me snow any day.

But that's not what you're here for, now, is it?

I finally got back to Susan's One-Layer Wednesday challenges this week. This time around, the challenge was to make a patriotic card. Here's what I came up with:


Super-duper simple! I actually find patriotic cards very hard to make. I don't have a lot of specifically patriotic stamps or other goodies, so I decided to kind of wing it here. The label stamp is Unity, from their Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety set. The "USA" is Stampin' Up's Rough Type alphabet, the star is from Starstruck, and the colors are Pacific Point (one of my fave blues ever) and Real Red. CS is PTI's rustic cream. Hooray for patriotism, even if it's one day late for the 4th!

And, in case you like checking out other people's goodies (and who doesn't?), here's my July kit from Scrappy Chic:


From left to right, sort of, we have some animal/safari-ish kid stuff from Reminisce (Since I put the kits together for the design team, I kind of feel obligated to give myself the lines I don't think anyone could use -- none of us have small children, you see). Then there's the fun Oliver from Basic Grey and some So Sophie from My Mind's Eye (lovely texture on all their stuff). Journalling cards from Making Memories Panorama, Ruby Rock It (they have fun stuff; I think they're new to the States), and My Mind's Eye Meadowlark.  Yippee! Maybe with all those journalling cards I'll actually write more on my layouts. Novel idea.

Well, since it's so stinkin' hot, I guess I'll go make something! Hope it's cool(er) where you are!

4 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Angela, this is awesome! I love how understated and chic it is! Yes, I agree it's bloody hot here and it's going to stay that way for the entire week. Ack! Stay cool!!

Abounding Treasures said...

Love the card!!

I'm not a heat or humidity person either ~ give me the cool warmth of spring or fall any day :o)

Susan Raihala said...

Welcome back, Angela! Your card is super cute...the paper adds so much to the simple and creative design, too!

Yes, it's hot. My DH complains EVERY SINGLE NIGHT of our married lives (even in deep winter) that it's hot, so you can imagine the whining I'm enduring now that our AC can't seem to keep up. Sigh.

Meg said...

Love it! You did a great job combining all those different stamps into one genuine patriotic card!

Hate to rub it in, but we've actually been having some nice low humidity/not too crazy temperatures for the last few days. Ok, that was a lie. I don't hate to rub it in because usually we're the ones "glistening" down here in Alabama!! ;) Hope you get some relief soon!