storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

23 September 2010

cha-cha-cha...

...as in, "happy birthday to me -- cha-cha-cha..."

Yep, it's my birthday. So far, so good. Or: so far, so extra-good! I got some great birthday happy mail from two of my craftiest blog buds, Emily and Meg! Our story is one of the rare few where people who met online end up neither married nor scamming each other for cash ;) At least, not yet!

First up is Em's, which came a couple days ago -- this means that Emily is super-on-the-ball, because she's shipping from Canada to the US, which might as well be the slow boat from Timbuktu! Fun fact: it's Emily's birthday too! Feel free to drop by her blog and see the cute card her husband and son made for her. Here's what she sent me:


First: that card is so stinkin' cute! I love her amazing coloring skills. (I envy them, too!). You can get the details on that card here. And then, that cute little arrow set! So versatile -- I can already see a couple card designs, plus they'll work great for layouts! Thanks, Em!

Next is Meg -- her little packet of joy came today, right on time (she thought it would be late!)


Not only does this card totally sell me on the Sunshine impression plate from PTI, it also features the cutest little paper-pieced, party-hat-wearing pup! And the button collection (with the cute and thoughtful tag) is almost entirely full of colors I don't have -- get out of my head, Meg! How did you know? You can see the details on this card, as well as the one she made for Em, right here.  She does a fine job of telling our behind-the-scenes story, too. Thanks, Meg(let)!! I will indeed have a glass of wine for you!

Speaking of which, tomorrow is the real birthday celebration for me -- my awesome husband is having a little party at a local wine bar. I'm sure some great layouts will ensue!

Well, I'm off to do...well, whatever I feel like! Ha! You go do the same, birthday or not!

4 comments:

G Peplow said...

Oh Angela, wishing you a very Happy Birthday, hope you have lots of fun, your cards and gifts are lovely! Enjoy your day, :0) xxx

Emily Leiphart said...

Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday dear Angela,
Happy Birthday to You!

I love seeing the goodies on your blog and your post made me laugh! Those buttons Meg sent look delicious and makes me wonder what's coming my way. ;) Teehee.

Enjoy a quiet night today and a fabulous party tomorrow!!

Meg said...

Haha, only a scrapper would describe a good party as "some great layouts will ensue!" I'm so glad you got my card on time and that I didn't repeat many of your button colors. :) Adorable card & stamp set from Em, too! Plus a party tomorrow? You must have been a very good girl this year! Enjoy your shin dig tomorrow!

Liz Michaud said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you :)