storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

12 September 2010

Two for you.

Hi there -

I've been remiss about blogging lately, but that sure doesn't mean I haven't been making anything! Let's see, what shall I share today....

How about:


A photo of my sweet boy? I'll take it. I already scrapped another photo from this day (at Mad Cap coffee in Grand Rapids - yum) -- you can see it in this post. But here's Andrew, enjoying his delicious and beautiful caffe miel. I used Imaginisce's Apple Cider line again here, and I like that it works for more than just specifically Fall stuff. Also here: Core'dinations cardstock (from one of the Cosmo Cricket embossed decks), some cork from Karen Foster, alphas from Prima and Sassafras, May Arts ribbon and a BUNCH of buttons. This layout's quite heavy!  Here's a little detail:


Love all the staples from the Tiny Attacher, and the way the letters kinda lift up on the edges. Nifty.

One more for you today:


First, yes, that title is a direct reference to LL Cool J. This is an older photo, and Andrew suggested this title as soon as he saw it. Turns out, it fits our Marty quite well -- she's bounced back so well! Mostly Sassafras Indie Girl on this one, along with some Thickers, glitter cs, and (believe it or not), some emboss resist -- didn't turn out too swell, but there's Tim Holtz stamps and Glimmer mist involved. Glimmer Mist actually sticks pretty well to embossing, so the end result is just kinda messy looking. Oops!  Oh, there's stitched lines there for the journaling, which you can see better here:


Both of these layouts are already on the walls at Scrappy Chic -- feel free to check 'em out!

I'll have more for you soon -- a bunch of cards, plus the seven (7!) layouts I made today at the crop. That's a record for me for sure!!

Have a pleasant day!

2 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Two awesome layouts! (I can't wait to see the rest.) I love how different they are with adorable photos and such yummy embellishments! I just love Marty's big paw. Heehee!

Meg said...

Oooh, two more fantastic pages! Love all those fun buttons on the first one--I think you're supposed to measure layout awesomeness in pounds, right? Love the blue, red, and brown color combo.

Tee-hee, love the retro vibe with Miss Marty and glad to hear she's feeling well! I had the same issue with glimmer mist and resist, too. The banner is great, though, and I love the stitched lines for journaling.