storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

29 August 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is Meg's birthday! Have a delightful day. I know she's already seen this, but for the rest of you:


A letterpress birthday card is a happy (and girly!) birthday card! The chair and sentiment are inked up in purple, topped by some silver tinselly stuff. This is one bulky fiber, so it doesn't wrap around (that would've looked goofy!). Instead, it's held pretty securely in place with scor-tape. Hope it survived the trip!  The upper half is actually inked in a custom-blended charcoal color, though it ended up looking pretty much like black once it dried -- oops!  That design wraps onto the back:


I don't think I've ever made a card with such a pretty back :)

Meg, I hope you have an absolutely delightful birthday! Everyone else -- well, have absolutely delightful un-birthdays!!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Awww, thanks so much, Angela! The tinsel made it through the mail perfectly and the card is just beautiful in real life! I just want to touch it all the time with its beautiful letterpress! Thanks for the birthday wishes!! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Oohhhh, how beautiful! I'm glad Meg loved it as I knew she would!! I love that tinsel and of course the letterpress. :D

Liz Michaud said...

Love the damask print!
I might be doing some damage over at Scrappy Chic tomorrow. Might stick to some embellishments that I know I want and wait to see what we get in next months kit paper wise. There is so much that I know I will just buy it all!!
Oh and is the 12th good for you to crop?? I am brining a friend with me this time too!