storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

10 August 2010

I'm baaaack!

Hey there people!
Here's where I've been:


This photo makes it all look so backwoods-y, no? Where I really was: a big, air-conditioned, fully-stocked camper in a wi-fi-enabled campground that just happened to have lots of pretty trees. My kind of camping! Maybe I'll save a few stories for later, like the one about the trophy. But for now, a card:


This one makes me chuckle! Today is our pal Mark's 40th birthday, and this card's for him. It gave me a great reason to break out my newest (to me) Papertrey set, Friendship Jar, along with the matching dies. The jar is stamped in black, along with the "40" (more on that in a minute), while the lid is cut from glossy cs and stamped in grey for a little contrast. The "pickle juice" is kiwi kiss. The label is die-cut from acetate and stamped in staz-on black along with the sentiment. I adhered it using my old-skool Xyron sticker maker (after a bit of dusting, anyway) -- the all-over adhesive becomes invisible. See?


Just shiny goodness. The "table" is kraft, stamped with some woodgrain in crumb cake ink and bead-board-ified with another Cuttlebug folder from the Retro Kitchen set. A little ink around the edges, some Martha baker's twine, and I called it good. Oh, that "40" -- here's where it's from:


Even older-skool. I have a few boxes of these in various sizes -- they were hand-me-downs that are handy indeed.

Now I have a go-to birthday card! Hooray!

I hope you're having a lovely day. Go make something!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Now that is my kind of camping, Angela!!! Can't wait to hear the trophy story.

Love your adorable card--perfect for a 40th! I love the twine around the jar and your acrylic label is awesome. I wish someone would hand me down some Just Rite prototypes! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Heehee, any time spent in the outdoors is great, even if you can escape back to modern means any moment you like! ;)

Wow, Angela, you're trying to convince me to put the Friendship Jar et al on my next order, aren't you?! It kept going on and off my wish list but it's going to be hard to compete with this month's releases. Oh right, there are FJ Additions yet to be previewed. Bah. Still, I'd love to own the entire set someday. I love what you did with it and how handy that you have 'kool' Base-Lock rubber types!!

Liz Michaud said...

Cute card :) Can't wait to see what you got in your DT kit this month. I hope to go pick mine up this weekend!