storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

03 August 2010

Let's see...

What can I show you today?

You see, I've made a bunch of cards recently, but for once, they're for actual humans -- and while I don't really think my non-stamping friends and family spend time on my blog, I'll hold off on some cards just in case!

But I can show you this:


This was my attempt at trying to be shabby chic. I can't quite bring myself to create a card with a dozen layers, this version works for me. I ran the Pear Pizzaz layer through the Big Shot with the square lattice folder, then crumpled it up a bit and inked the edges. The birdie is from a new SU hostess set that matches their punches. Very handy! I like the kraft-colored satin ribbon and little tag, but I could do without the staples. Too sloppy for me. Oh well!

Speaking of hostess sets:


I stamped the hydrangea from Because I Care on woodgrain paper and did some very quick coloring with markers. The main layer is Basic Grey, and the trim is from my stash. Can't have too many crocheted trims!

And finally:


A super-quick and simple card made with the Basic Grey leftovers. Two quick stamps - sentiment from Mega Mixed messages (pti), branchy bird from a Cavallini set I picked up at Anthropologie (though the link is to Amazon - easier to find!). A bit of tiny bling, and I called it a day.

Well, I called it a day awhile ago -- these cards have been sitting around for awhile, waiting for me to get un-lazy enough to take photos!

I (gasp) went into school today to start getting syllabi and such ready. School starts for us on the 26th. I mean, I love my job and all, but summer seems so endless in May.... Sigh.

On to craftier pursuits!  Don't forget to vote (U.S. folks, anyway)!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Oh, Angela, I am loving the blues and greens! The kraft ribbon on the first card is scrumptious and my next tab to look at is the Cavallini stamp set from the third card. But the second card is what made me gasp today! Love that woodgrain paper, the crochet trim, and the perfect accent of the one small hydrangea petal.

School starts back for me on Monday! I know what you mean about summer seeming endless, and then all of a sudden it's back to work. Say it ain't so, Joe.

I also feel I should inform you that not only will I be sending my PTI bill to you, but also my bill from my France vacation I want to go on now that I've started reading the Julia Child book! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

WOW, Angela, all three cards are mega stunning! I love the shabby chic look of all of them! They're so simple but each have their own unique standout details.

I can't believe school starts already! Whatever happened to September? ;)

I'd love to accept your generous offer of coral cs. I couldn't find your email addy on your blog so if you could please email me artsy_em at hotmail dot com, we can sort everything out. Thank so much, Angela! :D

Liz Michaud said...

Wow Angela... love that Shabby Chic card! I also picked up some of that wood grain paper.... so creative! have to give it a try!
Have a great weekend!