storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

21 August 2010

The Ultimate Summer Challenge!

Hey folks -

Well, it's my last weekend of freedom before classes begin, and how am I spending it? Stamping, for one! I was fortunate enough to be asked to join with the super talented Emily, Meg and Donna for a team challenge at the PaperWorks blog:  the Ultimate Summer Challenge! (Go see their fabulous entries if you get a sec.) We're Team Creative Critters!

I had the 4th and final challenge: Technique.  I needed to make my own designer paper -- fun! Who doesn't love that? So, here's what I did:

I started with this:

Ooh, very exciting. Tissue paper...from my latest online order, no less. It's all scrunchy, but not very designer just yet. Here's what happened next:


Now it's scrunchy and grey! But that's not all -- check it:


Can you see how sparkly it is? I sprayed my tissue with two different Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists -- Charcoal chalk, which is sparkly enough on its own, but then I went over it with Marshmallow, which really upped the glimmer factor and gave it a nice mottled look.

Wanna see why grey and crinkly makes sense? Here you go:


It's an elephant! Ha. I made elephant skin (only shimmery -- too bad real elephants don't shimmer!). This digi image was graciously provided by Chi Chi Memories for losers like me who don't have any Paper Works stamps. He and his pal are watercolored, then layered up with some cardstock strips, October Afternoon paper, trims, and of course my "elephant skin." Oh, I used spray adhesive to get the tissue onto the card and preserve some of its crinkle-ness. I'm happy with the results. If you are too, starting tomorrow you can go vote for the Creative Critters projects over at the PaperWorks blog.  I think we rocked all four challenges!

OK, off to a Dream Cruise party. Here's to freedom!!

4 comments:

Meg said...

This is just way too creative--I'm glad you took the technique challenge because there's no way I would have come up with elephant skin that is this awesome and sparkly! I think I need to try out my new glimmer mist tomorrow!

Go team!!

Donna Espiritu said...

i love this and i agree with meg, so creative! fabulous job, girl!

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, no, elephants don't shimmer like vampires aka Edward. :P BUT they would if you used glimmer mist on them!

I like the step-by-step photos because I didn't really understand what you meant until I saw it! It's super creative and original!! I'm so glad you were on my team, whether we win or not. :D

Liz Michaud said...

Ahhh so cute! Love the layerd punches :)