storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

17 May 2010

Glittery goodness

Howdy - happy Monday!
I have a few new layouts to share -- and this time, I actually have some detail shots for you. There are some gorgeous papers here, but I added a few glittery, shiny touches of my own.

So, here's #1:

This one uses some lovely, lovely Webster's Pages goodies. Their papers seem at first glance to be really subject-specific, but the ones I've used in today's post (from the garden-themed collection) are surprisingly, sweetly neutral. Here's how I jazzed it up a bit:

  


{Don't forget - click on any photo to see even more detail!}
In the top photo, you can just barely see that I added some glossy accents to the bird and all the flower centers. The banner is highlighted with Rock Candy distress Stickles, which I love for a subtle, chunky look.  Up there in the middle is one of the super-cool Webster's buttons, along with some pearls from Kaiser and a closer look at the glittery goodness of the Melody Ross birdie border strip. And finally, another button, along with more pearls and some rhinestones. I think clustering them around the border of the photo prevents all those accents from looking sticker-sneezy, if you know what I mean!

And next:

Aww, another sweet kitty picture. Again, not garden-specific, photo-wise, but it fits the theme. What else would Marty dream of but happy little birds? :) And for the details:


 


On the top, some LYB pins stuck through some crocheted trim knotted in a Jenni Bowlin chipboard button. I used wirecutters to trim the pointy bits after I added the pins - safety first! On the bottom, I used some very shimmery stickles on the banner. The blue birdies are stamped (Crafty Secrets) and watercolored with dye ink and a water brush. Super-quick, but snazzy!

I had a lot of fun with these - I hope you enjoy them! Someday soon, you can see them in person at Scrappy Chic (or just go there to get some goodies of your own!).

No comments: