storage for my paper projects...come take a look!

04 May 2010

Lovely DeLovely!

Cool factoid: Scrappy Chic will be selling the brand-spankin'-new Cosmo Cricket line, DeLovely, at Mega Meet this week! Cooler yet: NO ONE ELSE HAS IT YET! Probably anywhere. Coolest: I got to go play with it this afternoon and boy, is it awesome! It's really bright and pretty and fun and, well, delovely!

Here's what I made today -- and snapped exactly one photo of each, as my camera battery was very near dead :)

First:
A quick, fun layout that shows off  a variety of the new papers, plus one of the new Tiny Type colors (and it's a new font!), and one of the stickers. Note that 3/4 of the people in these photos are boys - I think this paper is bright and fun enough that it becomes gender-neutral, even though it's pink and flowery. 

Number 2:

Aww, aren't we cute? This photo is just from last weekend, at the gala dinner for Andrew's musical. One of the moms snapped this one for us. The layout is just strips of various papers, some cut from 12x12s and others from the borders sheet - including the title strip. I just added some Tiny Type and was good to go! I think the patterns are great together!

Third:
I gotta say, this one's probably my fave. The kitty is cute, sure, but those stripes! Those stripes! Love, love, love this pattern. Layered some ribbon bits under the photo to get some horizontal lines going, then used a trimmed-out element for journaling, a couple stickers as accents, buttons and ribbon for dimension, and even more Tiny Type to accent the title -- also made with Cosmo Cricket chip alphas. 

And, I couldn't leave without making some cards!

Snitched a bit of counter space in the crop room to snap this photo -- I didn't think the battery would last through 3 separate shots! The card on the left uses a bunch of leftovers that I pieced together, patchwork-style. If I'd lugged a sewing machine to the store, this would be awesome with some zig-zagging along the borders. The sentiment is from the elements sheet. 
The middle card uses a big scrap of my second-favorite pattern along with a border strip I cut up and distressed a bit.
The card on the right features a cute little birdie on yet another element -- gotta love those elements! Stuck a couple of LYB pins in a gingham bow for a bit of dimension.

So, what do you think? I think this whole collection is a must-have! Luckily, I'm working at the Scrappy Chic booth at Mega Meet on Thursday, so I'll do my best to snag a collection pack for myself. And a mini-deck. And the Tiny Type. I'm in trouble!

Later, dudes!


No comments: